Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Module 9



People would say I have a pretty outgoing personality, but for some reason as soon as it comes to speaking in front of a bunch of people, I instantly shut down and become shy. So, you can only imagine how I feel when it comes to drama and acting. The funniest part is that when I was younger, I wanted to be an actress.

In my analysis of the assigned reading, I was still kind of confused about what process drama really was. Like I have said in the past, I am a visual learner and typically do not completely grasp concepts until I see them in action.

The in-class activities were where I comprehended everything and realized I really liked the whole notion. I loved how TO incorporated the whole class and how comfortable he made everyone feel. It was also really fast paced and did not give me enough time to overthink and freak out before “performing.” I really enjoyed the short story activity we did in small groups.

However, my favorite activity was the interpretation of the grocer’s children poem. It was really cool that we basically were the ones to come up with the “scripts” and the poem was just a reference. Each group had their own interpretation, some feeling bad for the grocer and some who were disgusted.


Although I did not get up and participate in the live action skit, I enjoyed watching my peers and had a good laugh. I was pleasantly surprised with some of my classmates and never expected some people to act the way they did. I still wish I would have volunteered, but as soon as TO asked who wanted to come up to perform, my palms instantly started sweating and I felt the nerves. Overall, this was one of my favorite units and I wish I would have done something similar to this in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment