Friday, December 16, 2016

Module 10


To be honest, as one of the few non-education majors in the class, I was a little skeptical about this assignment. In the end though, it was one of my favorites!

I really enjoyed every one's presentations, but there were three specific ones that really stuck out to me. These three were assignments I would have loved to do in one of my English classes. It seems like many of them dealt with analyzing how complex characters developed over the course of a text, how they interacted with other characters, and how it advanced the plot of developed the theme.

The Character Analysis using Of Mice and Men and Twitter was one that resonated with me. I think it is important to start teaching social media in middle school/ high school level because of how much it impacts our current society. No teacher should deny their students education just because they do not agree with the topic. Social media is here to stay and there is no denying it will only get bigger and better.

Miss Peregrines Artifacts assignment was definitely one I wished I could have done. I love any assignment that deals with art and creative expression. The purpose of the assignment was to create a visual artifact that represented your understanding of the text including theme, mood, symbolism, and the overall meaning. I loved how for their example, they each made bird cages, but had very different interpretations of the artifact.

Last, but not least, was the OMG it's Shakespeare assignment. I loved that one of the purposes of the assignment was to create a personal connection with the text by using text language. When you modernize any text, you gain a better understanding. However, this project takes "modern" to a whole new level. They used text jargon in their example and tried to put themselves into the characters shoes when responding to each other's text messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment